Thursday, October 16, 2014

Before and After

We are done painting... for now... Still have the kitchen and doors to do. The kitchen will be done some day :). We have to get a different kind of paint for the doors but honestly neither my hubby or myself are looking forward to tackling those. I did take some before and after pics. Pardon the mess!

This is the living room.







This is the spare bedroom:




Our bedroom, I'm very happy with:






Do you see how high the bed is?! I almost need a footstool to get in it and hubby laughs at me when I slide off until my feet reach the floor. Other then the fact that it seems to collect dust faster then I can blink, I really do love it! By the way, that is an Elvis Presley, Jailhouse Rock Barbie and Pez on my dresser. Along with signed by DJ Fontana drumsticks!

I don't think the before pic of the spare bedroom walls does justice to the difference. My daughter went through a poster phase... Yup, tape all over two walls that I never could get completely off. My son finished the job with his feet wherever his computer desk was. The walls look much better now!

I talked to my son yesterday. While he sounded better then the last time I talked to him which was the day before he was admitted, he still didn't sound very good. He could follow me but was still pretty distracted and I had to repeat a lot of what I was saying. I asked him what pills (medications) he was taking and he told me Clozapine and Lithium but he didn't seem to know the name of the third one. When my son is stable he is pretty on top of the names of his medications so to me this is just another sign of how unwell he still is. I don't know if it's an indication of where he is at mentally or if he is still peeved at me however he wouldn't respond to me telling him that I loved him. Even when things were tough between us we had always managed to hold on to that to some degree. Now he sounds very cold and far away emotionally. Perhaps detached is a better word.  I can't help but wonder if he is abusing percocets or something as even when unstable he is not usually that detached and cold. Even when he was at the shelter, before leaving, he would respond to me telling him that I loved him. Even if he didn't mean it he at least went through the motions. It felt like even doing that was too much for him. I did my best to let him know that I still loved him and despite what we went through that I will always love him, that nothing can change that.

Mom
BarbieBF

No comments:

Post a Comment