Sunday, June 8, 2014

It's Been Awhile

I haven't blogged since January and here it is June. 6 months, wow. I haven't written the next chapter of "My Story" either.

We had a small milestone at the end of April, 2014. My son has been living with me for over a year now. He is attending the YMCA to get his GED (High School Equivalent). He started going in March. Some days getting him out the door so that he isn't ridiculously late can be a test of my patience. We recently helped him to get a new laptop which is helping to motivate him to attend as part of the conditions of this laptop is that he attend school and pay me back. Until it is paid for then it is my laptop and I can take it back if these conditions are not being met. Some pretty powerful motivation I must say. So far he has not missed a day!

He has been decreasing his Clozapine, with the support of his psychiatrist. He is now down to 200 mg. Some time ago we started discussing ADHD medications. I personally feel that if his ADHD symptoms were being better controlled then things would be a lot better for him. He seems to have a pretty negative opinion of what ADHD is and doesn't think that he has it. My son has a lot of hyperactivity or excess energy that he does not know what to do with. He also has other symptoms that seem to be more ADHD related then anxiety or even psychosis related. Once his psychiatrist gets back from being away we will be looking into decreasing his Clozapine to 100 mg and possibly adding an ADHD medication. I support my son in both of these so hopefully we will be making this adjustment soon.

Marijuana use has been almost non-existent. Same with alcohol since my home is still alcohol free. His friend is currently living with his mother after a nasty fall, so my son doesn't see him every day any more.

My daughter is graduating high school! Wahoo! Planning a family vacation in a couple of weeks so that we can be there for her graduation. I haven't seen her for over a year so I'm definitely looking forward to it. My little girl is all grown up... *happy tears*

Mom
BarbieBF

No comments:

Post a Comment